Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Being at home

To me "being at home" means something more than mere nostalgia.It is something more than days of peaceful sleep, savoury dishes by mom and endless movies and freaking out.

Each time I go home I get to enjoy "the greatest experience called life".I am from a small town in rural Andhra , hence each time I go home I get to meet people from various walks of life. Old people in my grandma's village , middle aged ones in my father's school , young ones mostly my schoolmates.Each with their own outlook for life , with their own distinct problems ,their aims aspirations ...which represent the middle-class attitude of an average Indian, which I feel is a very fortunate thing to possess. It teaches nothing but perfect contentment in life.

I won't mislead you by saying that these people are contented with what they are and strive for nothing. True , they have their own aims and struggle to achieve them in their small own world. It is this simplicity that gives me immense joy to be one among them.

To those of you who dont really understand all these just understand how it is to listen to a neighbour who had recently married off her daughter and waits eagerly for her homecoming. Or to one of those school teachers in a village school who is worried about his son's higher education.

I will come back with more soon .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

" middle-class attitude of an average Indian, which I feel is a very fortunate thing to possess. It teaches nothing but perfect contentment in life".Great realisation I had off late spending time with local and workers from bihar,In a way they seemed more happy to me than many of my friends curretly working in MNCs and staying in Metros with all physical comforts. As they say Happiness is just a state of mind and one has to put effort and find it himself and can not be bought in Shooping Malls.This captures core Hindu and Indian values.these uneducated workers did teach me something.